Thursday, January 19, 2012

Book sale: American Gods by Neil Gaiman

American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition


This isn't a full review by any means, but it's come to my attention that the 10th anniversary kindle edition of this book is available on Amazon is available for only $1.99.

I really can't stress how excellent an author Neil Gaiman is, and this one of his best novels. I have bought family members this in hardback and stressed they had to read it, or they'd be missing out on something special. It seems as though Harper Collins have the same idea; Gaiman himself seems bemused on twitter that the publishers have set the price so low. Curiously, the non-anniversary issue is still on sale for $9.99...

Seriously, if you don't already own this, and have the slightest liking for urban fantasy stories or mythology or the like, get it now. If you have a a Nook or similar, it's apparently the same price on Barnes & Noble and other major ebook sellers. The sale might also end soon, I've seen nothing official on Amazon, but I hear rumours, so grab it while you can.

2 comments:

  1. ...I still have the copy of the book you gave as a gift whilst at Ventura. It introduced me to the world of Neil Gaiman. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I don't even remember giving you that, but I know I gave at least two copies away before moving. I think I insisted on buying a copy for my mother so she'd read it (she's a big fan of the 'weird shit' genre, especially Stephen King).

      Delete